8/25/08

The Olympics....They ALMOST Make Me Want To Exercise

The track athletes blow my mind. I think it is because when I was in 8th grade and had to run the mile....my teacher told me to just go ahead and give up, because the bell was about to ring and I had just started lap 4....at around 35 minutes. True story.


Even though I've been to Jamaica before, I had no idea the Jamaicans were PHENOMENAL runners.

(and for G-d's sake...let the man celebrate in peace!! He just won the GOLD!!)

When I went to Jamaica, I was under the impression that everyone excelled at a different "sport."



No wonder you look so happy. You made it to the Olympics and you are six.



I almost forgot how much I loved this guy.



These chicks are badass.


But I was a little sad when the blond one obsessively thanked this guy....

(FYI: I didn't alter this picture in any way. This is our current leader...at his finest).

Joe and Jessica Simpson could learn something from these two.


I think this girl is creepy.


And this is the cute one.


I don't care if he is always injured...he is f***ing hot!!!


There are some things I love about all the time I have been spending in China.


And there are some things that make me sad.



I wonder how many more records this guy would have had without his 'stache.


I REALLY wanted to make fun of this guy(mainly because he never took those damn sunglasses off), but then, he got the bronze.


Finally, someone Cincinnati

can still look up to.

I loved seeing her watch the swimming. Until I found out she was a school principal. Ugh. No wonder the poor guy doesn't let himself smile that much.



What does make him smile? facebook. Did you hear him say he had checked it twice from Beijing and had 8,000 new friend requests?


I suddenly started feeling a lot better about getting older.



Even though I haven't exercised since 1995.

Meet the Madonna of China. You might have noticed her at the closing ceremonies. Here she is....Wei Wei.


Here's a little known Lisa Gopman fact.....I did shotput and discus on the track team in 8th grade. Sexy huh?

I also played softball for a season. I played catcher and I had no hits. All season.

There are so many reasons that I feel bad for this guy. Do I even need to start with his name?


Synchronized swimming...is kind of amazing. I can barely do a handstand!


(The Pros)



(me and my boyfriend after about 5 bottles of wine:)

Wait....is that Jackie Chan?

(I took a picture of my TV...because I couldn't find it online and I didn't want you to think I was insane)

I don't think anyone can deny that Michael Phelps will be what everyone remembers from these Olympics. But this is going to be a close second in my book.


(and if you don't know...this is an angry taekwondo participant purposely kicking a ref...in the head!!)



1 comment:

Asher Glaser said...

Is all star Karaoke a sport? If so I'm waaaay ready to compete.

asherglaser.blogspot